Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 5 July 2016

Bizzy Bec's Anything Goes Challenge - Gilding Flakes, etc.

Hullo everyone .. another post for Bizzy Bec Online Store it's anything goes at the Monthly Challenge for July, 'cos June went in blink!
For the  "Anything Goes Monthly Challenge"  the winner worldwide receives either a die or stamps prize from Bizzy Bec's.. 
For my cards today I used one of the Bizzy Bec Card Embellishment packs
   all are 40% off ie $5.95!! very cheap.
This is no 11 Bizzy Bec Card Embellishment Kit. I made two cards out it, had already used some flowers on this card back here.
I decided I wanted to change the metal on this embellishment ... why? because I could :D I decided to use the only Gilding flakes I have (Egyptian Gold), very rarely used so looked up on You tube how to play with them.
Put a little of Gilding flake Glue on scrap paper, spread it gently out with make up sponge and applied it evenly over the embellishment.
Added gilding flakes and pressed them onto the embellishment well with fingers.
 
Burnished piece and put back into container any left over as did all this on a scrap piece of copy paper.
I decide to stamp with gilding flakes too (Used Pre-order Gilding flakes - Egyptian Gold). Had snippet of vellum sitting on my desk for ages.
Key note: if stamping with tacky Gilding Glue (Pre-order Cosmic Shimmer Gilding flakes glue) you must clean it off ASAP with a good stamp cleaner. I used kitchen detergent and Stazon cleaner mixed together. You apply the glue in same fashion with a sponge gently over surface taking care not to push into into stamp grooves.
The stamp is Darkroom Door Gum Trees set - With Sympathy stamp.

I 3D’ed the rose on this in simple cut around method (see here).
Popped it up with silicone glue.
You can see that started cutting it in top picture, but I hadn’t glued it then.

These are all items from the Card Embellishment set, including paper and die cuts, and Sarah Kay image, must confess do like these. I have scanned the image to make a digi for personal use out of it.
So two very different cards for one card set and loads more items left in the Embellishment set 11 with which to play :D
The Sympathy card is already winging its way across the sea to UK.
Thanks so very much for popping over! 
Please say hi - to let me know you've been by!  
Shaz in Oz.x

 "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass."
Psalm 37:5

Linking up to:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au  2. Di's Snippety challenge - Used snippets on all of the cards.   http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/

20 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous Shaz
hugs Tamara

Kathleen said...

Two brilliant cards and wonderful colour ways. great images and design.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

They are both so pretty! The rose in the doily looks great and LOVE the card with Sarah Key's image, it's so sweet and has a delightful design!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Shaz - love your colours in them, and the way you have used the gilding flakes is wonderful.
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

Both very beautiful Shaz, I've never got along with gilding flakes, but you have used them so well, and your embellishments look fabulous, the rose card has wonderful colours, Kate x

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL SHAZ! I LOOOOOVE the gilding!!! ;)

Marilyn Mathis said...

Such beautiful cards! I like the way you used blue and purple together. I never knew they would look so good. Hugs.

Brenda said...

Beautiful cards Sharon! I love the way you changed the color of the metal on your embellishment, that is just so cool and it looks fabulous! Love that rose too. That little girl image is just so precious, she made such a beautiful card too! Love the heart die cut background. Hugs, Brenda

Kim Heggins said...

Just amazing...love the peek into your craft world. Always such a wonderful treat.

Betsy said...

So pretty. You are a very talented lady, my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Conniecrafter said...

Your rose is just beautiful, sweet images and love the touch of metal on them, I never thought of using the guilding flakes on those but what a great touch it gives to them, tfs!!

Cara said...

Just stunning, Cara x

Joyce said...

Great card and super technique indeed. I change things by using my Kyrlon pens...gold to silver....dull antiquey colours to whatever. Those flakes do seem to get into all the little crevices.
Take care.

Sunshine Country said...

What nice cards...especially the one with the little girl on the cover! Enjoyed seeing these, and was encouraged by the Scripture verse you shared: "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37:5. Praise God for His promises!

Carol said...

Hi Shaz,
Nice to see that the gilding works well even with more delicate dies (I haven't tried gilding yet). I also like the use of the velum as well. Been thinking of trying that one of late.
Great cards again as usual.
Carol x

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards Shaz! I've never used gilding flakes. Looks like fun!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Craftychris said...

Both these are absolutely gorgeous! Also, thank you for the idea of using gilding flakes on metal, I have never thought of it! The corner embellishment looks fabulous! I have similar corners so will give it a try! xxx

Anne said...

Beautiful cards! I love the way that you take care to look at the detail, so equisite! Great technique with gilding flakes....very elegant! Bravo mon amie! xx

Pia S said...

Beautiful cards! I had to smile about your comment about changing the color of the metal piece just because you can. Well, I think it looked perfect in its new golden colors:)

Aileen said...

Two wonderful cards and I love how you used those flakes. i have some of those, bought who knows when and forgot I had. Now they sit waiting for me to work out how to use them. They really changed whelk of the piece you had, love it. Have to try it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...