Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 20 September 2016

Snippetty Butterfly Challenge Lavender + Letters

Well, I know I am flying in a tad on the late side but that is better than not at all and since I have actually made two cards for our dear Mrs A.'s butterfly challenge. Had better link over!
Sadly I had to make a sympathy card and wasn't sure I liked first one so made second one. But now decided I like them both! funny how things look better in the morning! this emboss resist on watercolour is made with brushos (bought super cheap on eBay), Lime green (its such a fab colour), Rose Red and Cobalt blue - they made the lavender. added some snippets of mauve with butterfly and tag sentiment by Darkroom Door. Stamps are no name, second hand set won in some candy years back. Perhaps hero arts?
A new cheap shop opened in town called Choice, I (bad me) visited yesterday and bought some bargains. The embossing folder for $AU3.49 is really gorgeous, the lavender adornment lower right was part of a set of six, they are gorgeous, as are the iridescent lavender pearls, all new items. The daisy stick on lace down the side is from Shaz Silverwolf. I did a post to thank folks of WOYWW who sent me an amazing gift pack, but blogger ate it last week and did not have time to redo it - hope to God willing tomorrow!
This is the verse, a Print Blocks one from early 1990's, is very appropriate for a sympathy card.
Tell me ... has anyone had issues with rusty Spellbinders??
I was horrified to find this one of mine has rust marks on it. It has been dry scrubbed and added a note to test run on scrap card before using on good card. Not happy really, these are not cheap!
To cheer us all up... here is a photo taken in mid July, just before I was ill, when was walking one late afternoon, notice moon has risen in the sky, the birds are ready to roost and making great noises all around. Love the colours of Gods creation.
 I have some lovely people to welcome to my blog - curious though as two are folk who've joined before, and Ive belonged to their blogs for years .. four at least with Darnell of http://www.djkardkreations.com/... and for some strange reason I cant go onto Darnell's blog.. its not uploading do hope all is well. I tried it in Chrome and also Firefox.. praying, Darnell.
Dawn Larimer has joined as an encourager too, but Dawn hasn't left a comment so cant join her blog, please comment Dawn and let me know so can link over! sorry...

 That's me for today, I should not be on here as it is... 
Just a reminder that the 25th of September is coming up in five days and it is time for Scrappy Mo's Christmas challenge again!
The days are flying by, I saw on Miss's blog that it is less that 100 days to go, so better get my thinking cap on.
hugs and God bless you all,
Shaz in Oz.x

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. "
Revelation 21:12
 
Also linking up to:
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used snippets on my card.   http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/ 
2.Word Art Wednesday - anything goes     http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au  

19 comments:

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, two beautiful creations, love the colour burst card, they remind me of edicol water paints. Glad you are on the mend. I have been unable to alter settings on my blog, blogger changes are to blame, cannot even add alternative comment box... have a great week... Megan

Dr Sonia S V said...

Both your cards are so different yet so beautiful ...especially love the embossing
Cheers
Dr Sonia

brenda said...

Both lovely Shaz but the inkiness of the first has to be my favourite. And a beautiful evening photo.

B x

Barb said...

They are both beautiful cards Shaz. It sounds as if you might be visiting the new shop on a regular basis. What a shame about the rust. Hope you find an answer. Barbxx

Betsy said...

Hello Shaz! As usual, both of your cards are beautiful, but my favorite is the second one. I love how delicate it is with the cut outs. Lavender is my very favorite color. If I could decorate my whole house in lavender I would love it, but I think my husband wouldn't be so happy! Ha! Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us. I hope you're feeling better. May God bless you each and every day my friend.
Blessings, Betsy

Craftychris said...

Both your cards are absolutely gorgeous! The second one is so delicate.and I adore the bright colours on the first one! xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very beautiful both your cards, Shaz!! Love expecially the first one you made with emboss resist on Brushos!! Wow! Just amazing! Great colours and the stamp looks wonderfully!
Hugs, and thanks for your kind comments on my blog (but my name in blogland is Alice, not April... Ha ha ha :D )

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Shaz, I love the bright colours on the first and the softness of the colours on the second.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Two beautiful cards Shaz, I absolutely love the inking of the first one, and the butterfly is gorgeous, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Two very beautiful cards and I'm very honoured that you have fluttered by my challenge with them both. I have never heard of dies rusting before. Thankyou for sharing these here and its great to see you back in blogland participating again. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue - said...

They are both beautiful cards Shaz.

Kathleen said...

Two stunning cards, inked background is beautiful but a really lovely EF on the second one, both having a brilliant design.

Kath x

Brenda in IN said...

These are both beautiful. I love the soft merge of colors on the first one and the embossing, the embellishment and the lavender row on the side of the card. The embellishment could be worn as a pin it is so lovely. I hope our shops start carrying those.

Doris Klein said...

Very pretty creations! Love the Backgrounds and the layouts! Great Jobs!

Thanks for playing along with our Butterfly Challenge and good luck!

Hugs
Doris

*GDT* Butterfly Challenge
*DT* Die Sketchtanten
*DT* The Sketchy Challenges
Kleido’s BastelStüble

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards Shaz - love the white emboss resist and the beautiful brusho's background you have created. The second card is so pretty with the lavender all through it.
Blessings
Maxine

Di said...

Absolutely beautiful cards Shaz! You're producing some gorgeous card after your enforced absence - happy dance here that you're feeling so much better.

Wow, Spellbinders rusting? Never heard of that one - as you say they're not cheap either!

Hugs

Di xx

Conniecrafter said...

They are both very pretty, love the colors in the first, isn't it funny how you can not be sure about something but when you come back later can see it in a whole new way. I love the second one, great verse and pretty embossing and framing. I have not had any of my dies rust on me, I wonder if you could sand off the rust and seal it.

Pia S said...

I'm glad the first card has grown on you, I think it's really beautiful. I'm always a bit afraid of making sympathy cards either a bit too cheerful or a bit too depressive, both these cards are perfectly balanced.

Christine said...

Both cards are gorgeous and show that you have a wide range of styles and talents.Thank you for joining Word Art Wednesday! May God bless you in a special way this week.
Christine
Guest Designer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...